Social Work Month in March is a time to celebrate the great profession of social work.
March is Social Work Month, and the 2023 theme is Social Work Breaks Barriers.
Social Workers strive everyday to break down barriers that prevent people and communities from thriving. That is why for 2023 The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) has coined “Social Work Breaks Barriers” as the theme for the month. Social Workers show up day in and day out to help people and communities overcome different types of barriers and help them live better lives.
Nationwide, the over 700,000 workers in this field work to help people and assist communities in challenges such as:
- Mental health and substance use stigmas
- Families overcoming cultural hurdles that keep them from accepting and supporting
children who are LGBTQIA2S+
- Remove obstacles that prevent people from exercising their right to vote
- Economic inequality
- Reproductive rights
- Natural disasters worsened by global warming
Social Work at Mountaineer Recovery Center
Here at MRC we have Case Managers, Therapists and Peer Recovery Coaches that all strive to help our patients with their own struggles. Our staff are dedicated to helping those that are struggling with Substance use disorder and Co-occurring mental health disorder(s).
MRC Social Work staff can help with:
- Obtaining personal documents such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, etc
- Assist in seeking sober housing after residential treatment
- Therapy services, individual and family
- Assist in seeking employment that is supportive of one’s recovery
- And more!
Learn more about our staff at: https://www.mountaineerrecovery.com/leadership/
During Social Work Month and beyond we urge you to learn more about the profession and
what you can do to help assist them in their positive, life-affirming work. Visit
socialworkmonth.org for more information.
Sources and photo rights: